Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Transformation | 21 Day Fix: Ashton Bedewig

Today's transformation story comes from Ashton Bedewig who participated in our 21 Day Fix challenge group in March!  Read her inspirational story and let us know if you can relate :)
________________________________________________________________

April 1st, 2015 



My name is Ashton Budewig, from San Angelo, TX.  I am a single mother of a seven-year-old.  I work six days a week and was exhausted from work and had no energy, or desire to better myself when I got home from a 11 hr day.  I would resort to automatically drinking 4-5 beers or 2-3 glasses of wine (big glasses) a night to relax, but also to calm the pain from my scoliosis that has been flaring up bad for the past two years.  

I noticed that I wasn't happy with how my body was changing at all.  It's bad when your own son notices and tells you that you are getting fat, but also customers were saying that I was getting hefty.  I am normally very worried about how I look.  I got to the point of accepting that when my other half told me I looked good with "meat on my bones" that I did, but I really didn't.  

I was very mad and unhappy with myself, I needed change.  I went from a size 1 or 2 and small shirts, to 5’s and 7’s and medium/large shirts.  Not happy! I tried It Works! Wraps, tried weight loss pills, tried the shakes, trust me I've tried it all. IT DIDN’T WORK! 

Then one day my coach, Janice, was on Facebook and had mentioned the 21 Day Fix to me.  Never once did she pressure me or anything like that, she simply said if I want a healthier lifestyle and noticeable changes, I should look up the 21 Day Fix program.  

I went out on a limb, and spent the money for it, and slowly waited for my package to come in. Finally it came in and I couldn't have been happier.  I got negative feedback from my other half “You just wasted all that money on something stupid, when I can show you how to lose it”, immediately I was doubtful, but still determined.  

I planned, shopped, and prepped, all with the help of our challenge group.  Every day since March 9, 2015, we talked as a group daily and showed pictures on Facebook of our meals, our SHAKEOLOGY, and our progress. Shakeology was amazing tasting and so easy for me to have at work.   We had the ability to speak our minds and say things that we normally would have been judged about, but with the support of our group and coaches, we made it through.  

I got extremely stronger quick, started seeing results, and I went from one workout a day to two workouts a day.  After 21 days I couldn't believe the change.  I lost a total of 20 lbs, and approximately 17 inches, and couldn't be more happier. I even have to wear a belt with my size 1 pants now.  

To top it off, I no longer have back pain because of the workouts.  My scoliosis surgeon even stated that the workouts on the 21 Day Fix are exactly what I need to continue to be doing for the pain, because surgery wouldn't help with the pain level.   

I am now a Beachbody member for life no matter how hard the bills can get.  I am officially done with the 21 Day Fix, but now have a healthier eating lifestyle and daily routine, and look forward to working out after work every day! I thank my coach for all of the support and encouragement daily, without her I wouldn't be where I am now.  

This program works, but not without DETERMINATION and Drive! You can do ANYTHING you set your mind too, if you want it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!