Have you thought about becoming a Beachbody coach but aren't quite sure? We love to talk about being a coach so feel free to contact us with any questions you have.
Here is a video with Jenelle Summers (her sister Chalene Johnson created Turbo Fire and PiYo) and Beachbody CEO Carl Daikeler about some misconceptions of becoming a Beachbody coach. It was so good, we decided to add it here! If your kids are asleep and don't want to watch a video you can see a list below!
Misconceptions of Becoming a Beachbody Coach by Jenelle Summers There are so many pre-conceived notions and here are just a few I'd like to clarify:
1. I'll have to push products on family and friends. No way! If that were the case, I never would've joined! The way I run my business and train my team to run theirs, it's NOT about pushing products and hopefully you can see/feel that in my social media feed. We all have someone in our circle who's doing this (pushing products and being annoying) and the thought of being THAT person makes us cringe. BELIEVE ME, this is not like that.. not on MY team anyway. I specifically train my team to inspire, help and lead by example …and that is not only what is so fulfilling about this but it WORKS to build a solid, thriving, legit business. I have 6-figure earners AND 7-figure earners (income per year) on my team to prove it!
2. I would need a fitness following or know a lot of people to make this work. Nope. We all start from ground zero with few people in our lives who are on a fitness journey like we are. You LEARN from the Coach you join, how to build a like-minded network after you join. Who ever you are and whatever you've been through - there are people who relate to YOU (more than they'll relate to someone else). I didn't even know how to use Facebook when I started my business!
(On Team Tenacity we focus on Social Media training a LOT. You have access to me one-to-one, my trainings and my training site. We teach our team how to use Facebook and other social media sites to BUILD a like-minded network and help those who WANT help.)
3. I would need a lot of extra time and not be working full-time to fit this in. No, most on my team (and myself included) started building this business as we were working full-time, demanding jobs. I won't say that being a mom, working full-time and on top of all of that, building a business, is EASY.. but it's most definitely do-able if you are committed and love helping people in fitness anyway. All of my coaches who are now my TOP Coaches, began this as they were working full-time .. and many are moms as well (which is the big, important job #1!)
4. I don't want to drink Shakeology, therefore I probably couldn't be successful. Not true. You can be successful even if you don't start your coaching business drinking Shakeology. BUT, for your own results and health (and for the health and results of those you're helping), I'd highly recommend you look further into why so many of us are obsessed with it.
When I first heard the price of Shakeology, I thought it was a typo! I thought CEO Carl Daikeler had lost his mind! I was comparing it to a PROTEIN SHAKE and at the time, I wasn't even keen on drinking protein shakes. I was just uneducated and I hadn't yet tried a recipe I was in LOVE with. For years now, I've been in LOVE with the results and the taste! Now I definitely believe Shakeology is priced extremely reasonably and so worth it. I'd cancel my cable & sell a pair of shoes every month if I had to. I'd drink it daily (and sometimes twice daily) even if I wasn't a coach.
5. I think I need to be more fit so others will take me seriously. Most of my top coaches have joined when they were just getting back into their fitness and THIS business helped them stay more accountable to that mission. But also realize, at the core of what causes us to be inspired by someone is watching them OVERCOME their own struggles/habits/fears - progress inspires. If you are struggling, great, you've got a HUGE opportunity to get to work on yourself and show PROGRESS.
The RIGHT kind of people are not envious of that journey, they are inspired by it.. even if they are more fit; it's inspiring to see such progress. Everyone WANTS progress even if they're not ready to commit to the work yet. When they are ready to commit, they will come to you as that person they know, like and TRUST. In this business, you are not advertising your BODY, you are building relationships and connecting with people one-to-one. Success in this business will depend on who you ARE, not what you look like.
6. This is one of those pyramid things, where only those at the top make money. Oh boy.. this one drives me NUTS and makes me CRINGE.. because it's so not true and anyone who thinks this is completely lacking knowledge about how this compensation structure is designed and is saying that based on some past experience/knowledge of some OTHER business. But .. I have to admit, when I heard of this, my mind went there too. But luckily, I put my stubborn-ness aside and looked deeper.
Yes, the structure of this is like a pyramid. So is ANY organizational structure of ANY company you will work for. But with this, the people at the bottom (unlike in a normal business structure) can make MORE than the people at the top and that happens all the time! Have you ever heard of an hourly employee making more than the Directors and Exec's of a company - very doubtful. Yet, in this business, someone that is hundreds or even thousands of levels beneath me has the SAME opportunity I had coming into this. With this compensation structure, EACH COACH is at the top of their own pyramid. You are the boss; you put into it as little or as much as YOU want to get out of it. Those are the top misconceptions and I felt compelled to clarify (: