Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Overnight Swiss Oatmeal

Here's a yummy breakfast that you can make the night before, and eat it on your way out the door.  This isn't your grandma's oatmeal!  The combination of oats, yogurt, & fruit makes a tasty breakfast and keep you satisfied for hours.

Ingredients that you'll need: Oats, greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nuts, & fruit.

I make two bowls at the same time.  One for me, and one for my significant other.


Voskos non-fat greek yogurt is one of my favorite brands.  Make sure it's plain!


I recently learned to make my own vanilla extract.  It's so easy and good!


Add fruit & nuts of your choice.  I prefer berries and 1/2 banana.


Cover and put in the fridge overnight.  If you're like me, you might even forget about it and open the fridge the next morning for a pleasant surprise!


Overnight Swiss Oatmeal

  • 1/2 C rolled oats
  • 3/4 C almond milk
  • 3/4 C plain greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • Cinnamon (to taste)
  • 1/2 apple (I also use berries)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 8 walnut halves
Mix all ingredients together.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.

For all our 21 day fixers out there - 2 yellow, 1 red, 1 purple, 1 blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!