Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Big Leap that Paid Off Big Time

Instead of throwback Thursday let's do a ....Thank YOU Thursday
By: Janice Burke

This picture is a highlight of my week!



I gotta share this "long winded" story with you so you know just how thankful I truly AM๐Ÿ’•

When I grew up my parents both worked my dad worked A LOT๐Ÿ˜ณI hated not getting to see him.  I remember in 6th grade I said "if I have kids I want to be able to go have lunch with my kids, go to all their games, never miss a school event!"

I remember starting to feel unloved, my parents never attended any event, program, games... now that I'm older I know it had nothing to do with love, it had everything to do with freedom! They didn't have ANY๐Ÿ˜” I should of been thankful instead of complaining, at least he could afford to put me into sports๐Ÿ˜ณ

I humbly know how blessed I am to stay home & raise my kids ever since they were born๐Ÿ’™... that almost came to a halt!

Three years ago my husband & I had to make a choice...either make some major sacrifices to keep me home or I would have to go back to work. It didn't take long to realize that I didn't have the experience to get a GREAT paying job & we couldn't afford childcare on what other people thought my time was worth, so we tried to find something where I could be home when he was at work & then I could go to work when he got home ๐Ÿ˜ณ That thought was squashed QUICK!  We married each other to be a FAMILY! Not single parents or roommates!

After a lot of praying, worrying, & second guessing myself. Chris supported & pushed me to stay home & take my love for fitness seriously. I knew I wouldn't make a ton of money right away with my online business, it takes time, consistency & discipline to start a business... but I loved it. It's easy to apply yourself when you know the company is legit & making a difference in your own life. 

I also started teaching as many fitness classes as I could, I only got paid $20 a class, so a few classes a week wouldn't even cover my instructor fees lol, but it helped. I could take the boys with me or teach while they were in school and I LOVED TEACHING! 

I quickly realized my body couldn't keep up with that many classes & I slowly cut back my classes & increased the hours I worked on my online business. It's been LESS than 3 years. I get paid way more than anyone else could pay me! I work when I want & with who I want & the best part is I get to change LIVES!

(Thank goodness, because Chris' golf career didn't pay as well as we had thought ...YET๐Ÿ˜œ)

It isn't the "traditional" way, but it is a WAY better way for us!  We still have our mattresses on the floor & live in an overpriced apartment, but I wouldn't go back & change a THING!

God has blessed us every step of the way... I know he will continue to! Even through a tiny time of being homeless; I never doubted our decision to put our priorities first!

I'm blessed with two amazing boys & a STRONG marriage & a career that I love that allows me to fulfill my childhood dream of being present in my kids lives!

SO THE REAL THANK YOU GOES OUT TO MY TEAM & ALL MY AMAZING CLIENTS! 

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•It has been the most amazing experience to be on this journey with all of you! Thank you for trusting me to get you, all I ever want is for us all to set a goal & crush it TOGETHER๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Maybe... just maybe you have read this far & your thinking... I need a non-traditional way to support & be present with my family!!! Take that JUMP it is so worth every minute๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!