Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Fitness + Nutrition + Support = Weightloss



By Kristi Bechtold Norris

I've always enjoyed working out. I trained for my first marathon in 2008 in order to get rid of the baby weight. It worked! I lost all of it! And I discovered a new passion. Running became my stress relief. 

Increasingly I have become worried about my health. My father has heart disease, diabetes, COPD, and renal failure. I have several chronic conditions as well. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, (which increases my chances of heart disease and diabetes) was discovered when I had trouble conceiving my second child. I've also developed chronic fatigue as a result of having Chronic Epstein Barr Virus and asthma. 

I continued running to stay in shape. The following years, it became increasingly difficult to lose weight or even maintain. I did not eat lean and my body adjusted. I became sort of "fitish" or "fat fit". In 2012, I completed P90x during an "off season. I absolutely fell in love. The next year I did several months of Crossfit during my off season. Still, I never could get lasting weight loss results due to poor eating habits. Since then, I've completed PiYo and loved it! And a round of 21 Day Fix Extreme. BUT, all without following the meal plan. The truth is, I'm an emotional eater. I eat when I'm stressed. 

I had foot and leg surgery last fall (lapidus bunionectomy and calf lengthening). It was the most painful thing I've ever endured. I also missed running so much during my recovery that I began to overeat. I subsequently put on 10 lbs. I eventually started running again. Short distances. Then I ordered Hammer and Chisel. Absolutely LOVE the workouts! I even got my hubby to do the full 8 weeks with me. STILL NO WEIGHT LOSS. 

Then I remember reaching out to JANICE BURKE and asking for meal plan help. I later joined her June Challenge Group. I was ALL IN. I was determined to get these pounds off and get the best body of my life. I've been using a combo of workouts from The Hammer and Chisel and 21 Day Fix Extreme. I've been following the MADE diet. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER CONQUERED SWEETS!!!! I'm delighted to say that I'm down 5.5 lbs and 8.5 inches. I finally learned how to control my portions and nourish my body! I plan to lose the rest of the weight and "press play" every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!